Gov. Mike DeWine announced that schools in the state will remain closed with remote learning continuing until at least May 1, 2020.
- Ohio lawmakers passed House Bill 197 which meant the following for Ohio schools:
- All K-12 standardized testing and state report card requirements are waived for this school year.
- Our local schools were granted the authority to graduate any student who is on track to graduate. This permits schools to grant a diploma to any student that the school district has determined is on track to graduate. We will continue to communicate with our senior students and their parents. Our guidance counselors are available to answer any questions about whether your student is currently on track to graduate.
- All school playgrounds, basketball courts, and school buildings will also be closed to public use until the order is lifted. Please keep social distancing and keep your family healthy!
- Meals will again be available for pick up Monday (4/6) and all subsequent Mondays during this closure at BVMS, BVEE, and BVWE from 4 pm to 6 pm. Meals will include breakfast and lunch for five days. If any families are having trouble making it during this window please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Remote Learning will not take place on Monday, April 6 & Tuesday, April 7 to allow our staff time for further professional development and planning for this next phase of remote learning. Your teacher will communicate an updated plan by the morning of Wednesday, April 8th.
- Parents & students, please check your email often for updated news from the district and remote learning information from your teachers and principals.
- For updated information, visit our COVID-19 Update Section